Free doll clothes patterns
to sew, knit, and crochet!
Do you want to make your own doll clothes?
I will help you with patterns to knit, crochet, or sew. You will find patterns for a variety of dolls, including step-by-step instructions for accessories and unique storage ideas for all their paraphernalia.
I began sewing clothes for my Barbie when I was ten years old. In 1961 I made outfits for 25 cents each and saved the quarters until I could purchase Mattel outfits that retailed between $2.50 and $5.00. Dresses, pants, blouses, and nightgowns were made from remnants, so they matched clothes that my mother, grandmother, and I wore. When my clothes were worn out in areas, I used these as the basis for my couture collections.
My collection includes clothes for:
• American Girl
• Baby Dolls including Bitty Baby
• Terri Lee
Follow my website for FREE patterns, tips, and techniques. In general, making tiny items for fashion dolls such as Barbie is more tedious than making them for American Girl dolls. I am offering free patterns that are relatively EASY to make, regardless of the doll or your skill level.
You will find patterns for vintage clothes as well as styles that can be worn today. Explore my website and find creations to trigger your creativity with textiles. You will find doll clothes and accessory patterns for all skill levels.
In the future, I plan to offer patterns for girls that match those for their American Girl dols. How much fun would it be to make an outfit for your doll, and a matching one for yourself?
- Making Doll Clothes Blog
- The Making Doll Clothes Blog keeps you up to date with all pattern additions to the Making-Doll-Clothes.com Web site. Subscribe here to see when new patterns to knit, crochet, or sew are added.
- How to Make Doll Clothes
- How to make doll clothes for many dolls, including American Girl, Barbie, Blythe, and others. From easy to difficult, beginning with basic styles.
- Free Doll Patterns that You Can Make
- Free doll patterns you can make for American Girl and Barbie. A very easy top and skirt are excellent first pieces to sew and build confidence for making doll clothes.
- Free crochet button pattern that is ideal for beginners.
- FREE easy crochet button pattern. Learn how to crochet buttons.
- Flower to Crochet; an easy Free pattern for an accent
- Small flower to Crochet. Free pattern for an easy flower accent for doll clothes and
- FREE American Girl doll clothes patterns to crochet
- FREE Doll clothes patterns to crochet for American Girl doll.
- American Girl doll clothes patterns to knit
- FREE Doll clothes patterns to knit for American Girl doll. Skirt, sweaters, tops,
- American Girl Doll Clothes How to Design and Make Them
- Want to design and make American Girl Doll Clothes? View my creations and learn to create your own.
- Knit Sweater Matching American Girl Doll Pullover
- FREE easy pattern for Girls Sweater Sizes 6,7,8 to match American Girl Knit pullover sweater from worsted weight yarn.
- American Girl Doll Accessories to Knit
- American Girl Doll Accessories to knit - free patterns for a cap with cables and a shoulder bag with cable accent and leather buttons.
- Free American Girl crochet hat pattern that is ideal for beginners.
- FREE easy American Girl crochet hat pattern.
- American Girl easy sun hat to crochet. A FREE Pattern.
- FREE easy pattern to crochet a sunhat for an American Girl doll
- Barbie Doll Clothes. Links to FREE patterns,sewing tips,accessories.
- Barbie Doll clothes handmade using Simplicity patterns. Links to FREE patterns to sew, knit, and crochet for Barbie and other dolls, including American Girl.
- Barbie Clothes - Handmade Vintage Clothes
- Barbie Clothes - Handmade Vintage Barbie clothes sewn and knitted from vintage Patterns
- Vintage Doll Patterns for Barbie
- Vintage Doll Patterns for Barbie,knitted and crocheted from 1963-1968.
- FREE Barbie doll patterns to crochet
- FREE patterns to crochet for Barbie or other fashion dolls. Skirt, sweater, accessories.
- FREE Barbie patterns to knit. Dresses, skirts, tops, accessories, many for begi
- FREE Barbie patterns to knit for Barbie or other fashion dolls. Skirt, sweater, accessories.
- Barbie pattern alpaca knit dress and shrug for an intermediate knitter.
- Barbie pattern alpaca knit dress and shrug for an intermediate knitter. Free pattern.
- Doll Accessories that You Can Make
- Doll Accessories for American Girl,Barbie,Terri Lee. Jewelry,slippers, and hats.
- Barbie Doll Accessories that You Can Make Very Easily
- Easy Barbie Doll Accessories to make; a hat from an egg carton and a clutch purse.
- Barbie Doll Accessories that You Can Knit
- Barbie Doll Accessories to knit. Free patterns for a cap with opening for her ponytail and a clutch purse.
- Bitty Baby Doll Clothes:Gown and Cap from a McCall's Pattern.
- Bitty Baby Doll Clothes: Sleeper and Night Cap from a McCall's Pattern.
- Bitty Baby Clothes - Strawberry Theme
- Bitty Baby Clothes: knit strawberry cocoon and matching hat; skill level intermediate.
- Bitty Baby Knit Dress FREE pattern ideal for beginners.
- Bitty Baby Knit Dress, An intermediate pattern
- Cloth Dolls - A farmer doll crafted in 1979
- Cloth dolls - a farmer doll with pigtails handmade in 1979.
- Cloth Dolls Faces on handmade dolls from 1979 to 1989.
- Cloth dolls faces on dolls handmade from 1979 through 1989, and details on ideas for handmade doll faces.
- Cloth Dolls Hairstyles from four handmade beauties!
- Cloth dolls hairstyles: ideas from four dolls, crafted from 1979 to 1989.
- Doll Closet - Handmade from a wooden pear crate.
- A doll closet that my father created from a wooden pear crate. This original was hand crafted in 1954 for Terri Lee, but it doubled as a wardrobe Barbie doll clothes. Today it is ideal for America
- Doll Jewelry Box pictures, dimensions, and basic instructions.
- Doll Jewelry Box for Terri Lee but great for American Girl,Barbie,or others.
- Doll Stands for Fashion Dolls
- Doll Stands - A very simple one that you can build for Barbie or other fashion dolls.
- Terri Lee Doll Clothes
- Terri Lee Doll clothes from the 1950's. A collection of handmade vintage clothes.