Free doll clothes patterns
to sew, knit, and crochet!
Do you want to make your own doll clothes?
I will help you with patterns to knit, crochet, or sew. You will find patterns for a variety of dolls, including step-by-step instructions for accessories and unique storage ideas for all their paraphernalia.
My collection includes clothes for:
• American Girl (to knit, crochet, and sew)
• Barbie (to knit, crochet, and sew)
• Baby Dolls including Bitty Baby (to knit and crochet)
• Terri Lee
Follow my website for FREE patterns to sew, assemble, knit, or crochet. You will find many tips and techniques.
In general, making tiny items for fashion dolls such as Barbie is more tedious than making them for American Girl dolls. I am offering free patterns that are relatively EASY to make, regardless of the doll or your skill level.
As you gain skill and confidence, you will find more difficult sets of instructions.
You will find patterns for vintage doll clothes as well as styles that can be worn today. Explore my website and find creations to trigger your creativity with textiles. You will find doll clothes and accessory patterns for all skill levels.
I even have a free knitting pattern for girls that matches a pullover sweater for American Girl dolls. How much fun would it be to make a sweater for your doll, and a matching one for yourself?
Barbie is still a popular Mattel item, including accessories and play things for her. Patterns are currently available from companies such as Simplicity.
American Girls Dolls have fan clubs, magazines, and ready made clothes for you and your American Girl doll. They also offer kits to make your own 18 inch doll clothes.
There are countless sources for free patterns and also thousands to be purchased.
If you make your own creations, a great source for fabrics is a used clothing store. Goodwill online, Salvation Army stores, Savers, and consignment stores will have cashmere items that you can cut and sew, or felt and then make clothes and accessories for you and your dolls. Any clothing article with beautiful yarns can be ripped and unwound so that you can reuse the gorgeous yarns.
Great "Finds" are prom gowns to use for elegant ball gowns or wedding dresses and veils!
Explore this site, gather your yarns and fabrics, and let your creativity lead you to dress your dolls fashionably! Most of all, have fun while you are designing.
- Making Doll Clothes Blog
- The Making Doll Clothes Blog keeps you up to date with all pattern additions to the Making-Doll-Clothes.com Web site. Subscribe here to see when new patterns to knit, crochet, or sew are added.
- How to Make Doll Clothes
- How to make doll clothes for many dolls, including American Girl, Barbie, Blythe, and others. From easy to difficult, beginning with basic styles.
- Free Doll Patterns that You Can Make
- Free doll patterns you can make for American Girl and Barbie. A very easy top and skirt are excellent first pieces to sew and build confidence for making doll clothes.
- Free crochet button pattern that is ideal for beginners.
- FREE easy crochet button pattern. Learn how to crochet buttons.
- Flower to Crochet; an easy Free pattern for an accent
- Small flower to Crochet. Free pattern for an easy flower accent for doll clothes and
- FREE American Girl doll clothes patterns to crochet
- FREE Doll clothes patterns to crochet for American Girl doll.
- Making Doll Clothes: American Girl doll clothes patterns to knit
- FREE Doll clothes patterns to knit for American Girl doll. Skirt, sweaters, tops,
- Knit Sweater Matching American Girl Doll Pullover
- FREE easy pattern for Girls Sweater Sizes 6,7,8 to match American Girl Knit pullover sweater from worsted weight yarn.
- American Girl doll Knit Accessories
- Directory of FREE Doll accessories patterns to knit for American Girl doll. Hats,purses,sandals.
- Barbie Doll Clothes. Patterns knit,crochet,sewing. All about Making Doll Clothes
- Barbie Doll clothes handmade using Simplicity patterns. Links to FREE patterns to sew, knit, and crochet for Barbie and other dolls, including American Girl.
- Vintage Doll Patterns for Barbie
- Vintage Doll Patterns for Barbie,knitted and crocheted from 1963-1968.
- FREE Barbie doll patterns to crochet
- FREE patterns to crochet for Barbie or other fashion dolls. Skirt, sweater, accessories.
- FREE Barbie patterns to knit. Dresses, skirts, tops, accessories, many for begi
- FREE Barbie patterns to knit for Barbie or other fashion dolls. Skirt, sweater, accessories.
- Doll Accessories that You Can Make
- Doll Accessories for American Girl,Barbie,Terri Lee. Jewelry,slippers, and hats.
- Barbie Doll Accessories that You Can Make Very Easily
- Easy Barbie Doll Accessories to make; a hat from an egg carton and a clutch purse.
- Barbie Doll Accessories that You Can Knit
- Barbie Doll Accessories to knit. Free patterns for a cap with opening for her ponytail and a clutch purse.
- Bitty Baby Doll Clothes:Gown and Cap from a McCall's Pattern.
- Bitty Baby Doll Clothes: Sleeper and Night Cap from a McCall's Pattern.
- Bitty Baby Clothes - Strawberry Theme Knitted
- Bitty Baby Clothes: knit strawberry cocoon and matching hat; skill level intermediate.
- Cloth Dolls - A girl farmer doll crafted in 1979
- Cloth dolls - a girl farmer doll with pigtails handmade in 1979.
- Cloth Dolls Faces on handmade dolls created from 1979 to 1989.
- Cloth dolls faces on dolls handmade from 1979 through 1989, and detailed ideas
- Cloth Dolls Hairstyles from four handmade beauties!
- Cloth dolls hairstyles: ideas from four dolls, crafted from 1979 to 1989.
- Doll Closet - Handmade from a wooden pear crate.
- A doll closet that my father created from a wooden pear crate. This original was hand crafted in 1954 for Terri Lee, but it doubled as a wardrobe Barbie doll clothes. Today, ideal for America
- Doll Jewelry Box pictures, dimensions, and basic instructions.
- Doll Jewelry Box for Terri Lee but great for American Girl,Barbie,or others.
- Doll Stands for Fashion Dolls
- Doll Stands - A very simple one that you can build for Barbie or otherfashion dolls
- Terri Lee Doll Clothes
- Terri Lee Doll clothes from the 1950's. A collection of handmade vintage clothes.